Friday 5 February 2016

Marine Ripple

 


Soon after I started to crochet I came across a fantastic, inspiring blog by a lady called Lucy- Attic24. She designs some of the most beautiful hooky creations I have feasted my eyes upon, and better yet she has tutorials for most of them too!

Whilst enjoying a peaceful browse on her site I fell in love with her 'Coast' blanket- gorgeous ripples of soothing coastal colours. If you've not seen it please have a look here.
At first sight I immediately decided that such a blanket would be far beyond my capabilities. It looked much too professional for a beginner like me to contemplate trying- But as I mentioned before, Lucy has provided tutorials for several of her projects, including this one. After reading it though a few times I decided it had to be worth a go.

The next step was choosing my colour scheme, I loved the colours Lucy had picked, but wanted to make this my own design. My yarn of choice is Stylecraft Special DK. It's readily available here in the UK and is a lovely soft and affordable acrylic yarn. It also comes in 82 colours (at the moment) so there is something to please everyone. The ripple design had me dreaming of water, oceans and sea's, so I decided upon a blue/green theme. These colours are very calming and relaxing- perfect for a blanket designed to be snoozed under.


I picked Turquoise, Aster, Cloud Blue, Denim, Petrol, Aspen, Teal, Spring Green, Storm Blue and Sherbet and worked the stripes in a random order.

 
 
 
I have to say I was very proud of this blanket, it turned out far better than I could of hoped for and gave me a great sense of achievement.
I've got another ripple blanket on my hook right now- watch this space ;)
 
B x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment